M&A Insights – Mark Young, Managing Partner, CKS Advisors
Welcome to the February edition of M&A Insights 2019. Our goal at CKS Advisors is to help you and your clients stay up-to-date on the current Merger and Acquisitions climate.
This month, we highlight Pitchbook’s US PE Middle Market 2018 Annual Report. Click Here to Review the Report.
- Purchase prices remain elevated across all company size ranges and sectors.
- Total value of middle market deals is at an all-time high, $427.9 billion (up from $372.7 billion in 2017- the previous all-time high).
- Many private equity groups are looking at the lower middle market for roll-up opportunities as additions to their existing portfolio companies.
Our Two Takeaways:
- The probability for business owners to have a successful transition is remains relatively strong.
- No one can predict how long these favorable conditions, which have existed for 3-4 years, will continue. The opportunity “window” for business owners is likely shrinking.
Stay tuned for more updates on M&A activity in the future.
If you would like to learn more about the M&A market or are ready to explore options, we would be glad to meet. Please contact me at 480-351-8533 or email@example.com.