M&A Insights – Mark Young, Managing Partner, CKS Advisors
Welcome to the November edition of M&A Insights 2018. Our goal at CKS Advisors is to help you and your clients stay up-to-date on the current Merger and Acquisitions climate.
This month, we highlight Pitchbook’s US PE Middle Market 3Q 2018 Report. Click here to access the report
- Total value of middle market deals is on pace to surpass $400 billion for the first time.
- Purchase prices remain elevated.
- Deal activity is at a record-setting pace, causing more private equity groups to seriously look at the lower middle market for roll-up acquisitions.
Our two takeaways:
- Even with strong market valuations and volume of deals rising since 2015, nobody can predict how long the plateau can be sustained. The opportunity “window” for business owners to capitalize is likely shrinking.
- The probability for successful transactions is currently at an all-time high.
Stay tuned for more brief updates on M&A activity in the future.
If you or a client would like to learn more about the M&A market or is ready to explore opportunities, we would be glad to meet. You can contact me at 480-351-8533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.